My teaching philosophy is to cultivate the mission of “Atma Deepa Bhava” which means, ‘to be your own light’, for my students. My research projects provide me an innovative knowledge, which I share with students in my lectures. I encourage students to develop an insight, so that they can seek the right question, raise problem statements, learn to introspect deeply about the causalities and discuss their possible solutions.
Kaushik Chaudhuri is one of the founding faculty members of School of Management and Entrepreneurship, at Shiv Nadar University. Prior joining Shiv Nadar University, he was associated with SCMHRD, Symbiosis International University, Pune for two years. He was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Hiroike Institute of Education, and a PhD in business administration from Reitaku University, Japan. He was a collaborator (Co-PI) in the Kaken-hi funded research project (Grants–in-Aid for Scientific Research, sponsored by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) Government of Japan and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) from 2012 -2015. He was the Chair in HRM Track in International Academy of Business Disciplines (IABD) headquartered at Coggins College, UNF from 2012 to 2018. He has interdisciplinary research interests which broadly include Strategic HRM practices, business ethics, cross cultural issues, organizational behavior, employee relations and employee commitment in organizations and family business operating in Asian and developing economies. He is currently a Research Fellow at RIPESS, Japan. He is an editorial board member and adhoc reviewer of several peer reviewed journals published from international publishing houses. His working papers have been included in several reviewed international conference proceedings, namely, Academy of Management, Academy of International Business, Asia Academy of Management, American Economic Association, among others. His papers have been published in various ranked journals namely Journal of Asia Business Studies, International Journal of Human Resource Management and Development, Management, and various edited book chapters. He has more than 8 years of teaching and research experience post PhD and 7 years of industry experiences.He is a nominated member of IQAC, SNU and the Principal Coordinator of SME Research Colloquium. He is currently the faculty mansger and sponsor of Students Sports Club Falcons from 2018. He was the faculty manager and sponsor of SNU Student Sports Club Skylarks from 2015 to 2018.
Current research focus:
- Challenge in the Institutionalization of Ethics in Indian and Japanese Corporations
- Leadership cognition and ethical vignettes in start-ups and entrepreneurship.
- Exploring the role of HPWS work practices (Strategic HR) in Commitment - Stressors Linkage at Japanese and Indian Workplaces.
- Impact of stress on occupation and working life of employees in Asian economies
- Exploring linkages of student engagement and depression in the institutes of higher education
- Social media analytics and its impact on employee ethical cognition, employee relation and behavior.
BMS (Undergraduate level) core and elective courses:
- Managing People in Organization (core)
- People Organization and Business (elective)
- Japanese Style Management (elective)
- Values and Ethics in Business (core)
- Organizational Change ( elective)
MBA (Post Graduate level) Core and Elective courses:
- Human Resource Management (core)
- Business Ethics ( core)
- Strategic Human Resource Management ( elective)
- Japanese Management (elective)
- Japanese Kaiwa (elective)
Ph.D. (Doctoral level) Core and Elective courses:
- Theoretical Contribution and Norms of Research Practices ( core )
- Ethics in Business and Management ( electives)
- Investigation of Micro and Macro aspects of Human Resource Management (electives)
Peer-reviewed international conference proceedings:
- Chaudhuri, K. (2019). “An empirical perspective on commitment-stressors linkages in Japanese and Indian HPWS workplaces”, accepted for presentation at the 11th Biennial Conference of Asia Academy of Management ( AAoM 2019), at Bali, Indonesia, June 19-21, 2019.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2018). “Employee perception of stressors and commitments in HPWS workplaces of India and Japan: The role of employee age,” co-authored by Oba, H. (Reitaku University) presented in the 60th Annual Conference of Academy of International Business (AIB 2018), at Minnesota, USA, 25th - 28th June, 2018.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2018). “Students engagement in the institutes of Higher Education in India,” presented in the 30th Annual Conference of International Academy of Business Disciplines (IABD 2018), co-authored by AkhilNag, T. (Shiv Nadar University) and Smatt, C (University of North Georgia) at San Francisco, USA, 6 – 8th April, 2017.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2018). “ A closer look at the plight of the farmers in India,” presented in the 30th Annual Conference of International Academy of Business Disciplines ( IABD 2018), co-authored by Fadil, P.( University of North Florida), Kumar, P., Rai, A. and Tiwari, R. (Shiv Nadar University), at San Francisco, USA, 6 – 8th April, 2017.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2017). “Understanding the role of stressors and Age on Employee commitment in HPWS workplaces in Japan, co-authored by Oba, H.( Reitaku University) presented in the 59th Annual Conference of Academy of International Business (AIB 2017), at Dubai, UAE,” 2nd- 5th July, 2017.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2017). “Employee perceptions of Affective Organizational and Occupational commitments: Role of Stressors and Age at HPWS workplaces in Japan,” co-authored by Oba, H. ( Reitaku University), presented in 10th Biennial Asia Academy of Management (AAoM 2017) at Kita Kyushu, Fukuaka, Japan from 19th -21st June 2017.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2016). “Stressors –commitment linkages: Role of HPWS on Japanese employees,”, co-authored by Schmitz, M (University of Göttingen) and Sakikawa, T. (Niigata University), presented in the 33rd Euro-Asia Management Studies Association ( EAMSA 2016) at International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) at Xi’an-Jiaotong Liverpool University (XJTLU) , China, Chaired by Prof Adam Cross ( Xi’an-Jiaotong Liverpool University ) & Prof Chie Iguchi (Keio University) 26th -29th October, 2016.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2016) “Leadership and its linkages on the faculty-staff commitment, student engagement and gender stereotypes in the institutes of higher education,” co-authored by Priyadarshini, R. (Shiv Nadar University) and Fadil, P. ( University of North Florida) at the 28th International Academy of Business Disciplines ( IABD, 2016) at Vegas, Nevada, USA from 31st March – 2nd April, 2016 in the Leadership Track and session. The session was chaired by Prof. by Robert H. Bennett, Georgia Southwestern State University.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2015) “An Examination of Relationships between Management Practices and Performance: Evidence from India and Malaysia,” coauthored by Sakikawa Takashi ( Niigata University, Japan ) and Arif, B.A.( Universiti of Utara, Malaysia) was presented in the 57th Annual Conference, Academy of International Business ( AIB, 2015), 27th – 30th June, 2015, Bangaluru, India.
- Chaudhuri, K.(2015)“Differently Abled Employees in Indian Organizations: Perspectives of Employers and General Employees,” presented at the 27th International Academy Business Disciplines ( IABD , 2015) at Orlando, Florida, USA from 26th March to 28th March, 2015; in the Ethics and Social Issues Sustainability track. The session was chaired by Prof. K. Jones, Clark Atlanta University and Prof. Gregory Robbins, Southern Connecticut State University, co-authored by Mohammed Tausif Iqbal, (Cummins India Ltd). & Paul Fadil (University of North Florida).
- Chaudhuri, K (2011) “HPWS, Stressors, Affective Organizational and Occupational commitments in Japanese organizations,” paper presented in the HRM divisional paper in the 71st Annual conference of Academy of Management ( AOM 2011 ) held at San Antonio, Texas, USA, from 12th- 16th August, 2011.
- Jutokuji Fellowship in Japan for the year 2006-2007.
- Kambayashi Ryogakusei Shogakkin (Kambayashi Scholarship for Foreign Students) from Kambayashi Scholarship Foundation, Japan, for the Doctoral Program at Reitaku University for the year 2007-2009.
- Tokubetsu Shogakusei ( Reitaku University Special Scholarship) from the President, Reitaku University for the Doctoral Program at Reitaku University for the year 2009-2011.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship at the Hiroike Institute of Education, Japan from 2011 to 2012.
- Kaken–hi (Monbusho Grant in Aid, JSPS Japan Government) Research project (The effect on human resource management practices of different national environments: With a focus on the manufacturing sector) with Prof. Sakikawa Takashi (Niigata University, Japan) as Collaborator from 2012 to 2015. https://kaken.nii.ac.jp/grant/KAKENHI-PROJECT-24530457/
- Reitaku Kai Award ( Reitaku University Award for the outstanding foreign student) for the academic year from 2006-2007.
- The Best Young Scholar Paper Award for the paper presented in the 22nd Annual Conference of International Academy of Business Disciplines (IABD) 2010, Las Vegas, USA.
- Outstanding Reviewer of the Year Recognition, in the 58th Annual Conference of Midwest Academy of Management ( MAoM) held at Fargo, ND, USA in October 6-8th, 2016.
- Invited speaker at a public lecture, titled: "Japanese companies in India: Some facts and issues," hosted by the Reitaku Institute of Political Economic Social Studies ( RIPESS), at Kashiwa, Japan, funded by Hiroike Foundation on 9th July, 2017.
- Chair in HRM Track in the Annual Conferences of International Academy of Business Disciplines ( IABD) headquartered in University of North Florida from 2013 till 2018 ( 5 years).
- Research Fellow (non-resident) at the Reitaku Institute of Political, Economic and Social Studies, Reitaku University, Japan, from 2017 till date.