Arvind Shatdal is an assistant professor in the Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management department and the first Faculty to join SME in Aug 2013. Arvind did his Masters in Industrial Relations (UW-Madison, USA) and then FPM (IIM, Ahmedabad). Prior to SNU he was a Faculty at IIM Indore. His research papers have been published in Vikalpa (IIM Ahmedabad) & Indore Management Journal (IIM Indore). This apart, his papers have been selected for reputed conferences like Academy of Management (AOM), European Group of Organization Studies (EGOS), LAEMOS, Indian Academy of Management (IAM), Pan India IIM Conference etc. Recently, Arvind chaired a track on Design Thinking in Management at the 8th PRME (Principles of responsible Management Education) Asia Forum at SPJIMR, Mumbai.
His research interests lie in the domain of information sharing and learning in groups, transactive memory, and innovation which he has extended to include virtual teams and design thinking.
Arvind has taken courses across UG and PG programs for subjects like Individual, Group and Organizational Dynamics; Leadership Development; Design Thinking and Innovation, and Learning Organizations (MBA elective). As a future initiative, he is trying to build a course around everyday happiness and simplifying life. He guides UG students under both OUR (Opportunities of Undergraduate Research) and IRP (Independent Research Project).
At SME, he has served as the founding MBA Chairperson for 3 years. Presently he is acting HoD of the OBHRM Area. Arvind is a part of the institutional level IQAC.
Research Interests: Group Information Sharing and Transactive Memory, Group and Organizational Learning, Virtual Teams, and Organizational Innovation and Design Thinking
Core Courses Taught: Organizational Behavior (Individual, Group and Organizational Dynamics) and Design Thinking and Innovation
Elective Courses Taught: Creativity and Innovation Management, Learning in Organizations, Learning and Innovation in Organizations
Doctoral Courses Taught: Group Processes and Productivity and Applied Behavioral Sciences
- Individual: A bridge for learning between groups, PAN IIM World Management Conference, December, 2015.
- Consideration of choices in groups and decision making. (with N. Vohra) Indian Academy of Management Biennial Conference, December, 2015.
- Improving information sharing in groups by using dyads. (with N. Vohra) Indian Academy of Management Biennial Conference, December, 2013.
- Impact of prework in dyads on mutual enhancement in group. (with N. Vohra) Annual Meeting of Academy of Management Conference, August, 2012.
- Organizational memory’s role in creating a learning organization, Short paper accepted at European Group of Organization Studies, July, 2009. (Acceptance)
- Innovation: A Collaborative Approach (with B. K. Chakravarthy) Presented at Indo-Japan Symposium on “Technology and Innovation Management for Competitiveness in Convergence Era” IIT-Delhi, November, 2002.